The Pina Bausch’s dance theatre
A very extraordinary experience: theatre critics refer to Pina Bausch as the most important choreographer of the century. Her dance theatre attracts many visitors to Wuppertal – not only enthusiastic fans, but also critics and the shocked establishment. Opinions differ on Pina Bausch’s theatre, but one thing is certain: her revolutionary choreographies astonish the audience, her fans as well as sceptics. As far back as her school days at the Folkwang-Schule in Essen she was considered as a genius. Even though classical ballet had been her starting point, Pina Bausch soon turned away from it creating a very personal body language. As regards dance theatre, she is considered as the measure of all things – worldwide. Get enchanted by her moving images on the stage.
Wuppertal, Opera house
7:30 p.m., 6 p.m. on sundays and holidays.
You can find the current season on the website of the Wuppertal Opera house:
To the current season of the Wuppertal Opera house
- Special offer – Pina Bausch and Wuppertal
2 overnight stays
The Park Villa – the only First Class Superior hotel in Wuppertal – offers you a unique experience of art and culture such as Pina Bausch’s dance theatre.
- Two overnight stays in our comfortable rooms or suites
- A complimentary glass of Prosecco upon arrival
- Free wireless connection, reserved parking space, a complimentary bottle of mineral water in your room
- A trip on board the suspension monorail from Elberfeld to Oberbarmen
- Two rich breakfasts in the winter garden
- 3-course dinner in the bistro on arrival day
- Free entrance to our fitness and wellness area
- We can NOT order tickets for you! Online reservation and information: www.pina40.de/tickets/index.php
- Single room/day 134 €
- p.p. in business double/day 170 €
- p.p. in one of our suites/day 200 €